Saturday, April 23, 2011

Coins

The boys have been working on a couple of coin collections. One is of the state quarters and the other is a group of Canadian coins they started with GrndmDrdre. I knew that M had a jar upstairs he had been collecting coins in for a lo-o-ong time so we dumped it out and mined it for needed coins.

It was a big job. First they had to separate the different from the regular. Then compare the different with what they needed for their collections.

But it paid off. They found 5 more state quarters and several that they needed for their Canadian collection.


I was just about to tell them they had to clean up their toys when I found them playing chess together. They're lucky.


And this week starts our next unit for school. Poetry. I just finished reading a great idea book for teaching poetry so even though it's Saturday morning we got a jump start. The boys and I co-wrote this poem. E mentioned that we needed the 'and' at the beginning of the last sentence because 'it sounded better'.

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas