Thursday, March 15, 2012

Greener Grass

We are happy in our homeschool world. The decision sits well with all four of us. It affords us a freedom of time and energy that we thoroughly enjoy.
Here the kids are measuring out how big they want their backyard fort to be.

With those measurements in mind, some graphing paper and after a discussion of scale.....they started sketching. They are going to show these to Grndad and get some feedback about possible construction concerns.

We had finished school (math, science, unit work, and history) by noon. The kids got in some computer time while I made personal pizzas for lunch. It's times like these when I wonder what kids at 'regular' school do there for so many hours.

Here they are planting some more seeds in our starter greenhouse. (They had picked up seeds when we stepped for a couple of minutes this afternoon.)

Given that there are so many little squares to keep track of we have a chart for recording what we have planted and where.

You might notice M in the background of this pic. They are working on this while I cook dinner. It's times like this when I wonder how kids at 'regular' school get everything done before 3p.m.

And this little furry fellow represents my nemesis...the backyard garbage bandit. A motley collection of raccoons, squirrels and chipmunks have been raiding our garbage can. And in the case of this little fellow-standing by my kitchen window and chewing on the spoils. (That's why we went out this afternoon...to try and find something more secure) We didn't find anything tonight but tomorrow I will search again and their feast will be over!!

No comments:

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas