Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Monday Review

The kids are working on a measuring unit right now. We have been talking about measuring with non-standard units. So we all measured the same things but A used a cut-out of his own 'foot' and E used a cut-out of his 'foot' and I used an actual one foot ruler. It was good for them to see why we need a common measuring unit.
Grandma was pushed into service to be measured. She was 10 of A's feet, 7 of E's feet and 5 1/2 ruler feet.

The boys wanted their g.p.'s for couch time yesterday.


A fellow home-schooler told me about a reading program at the library where the kids get to read to dogs. It is supposed to encourage reluctant readers. My boys aren't reluctant but they do love dogs so we signed up to do a session. They LOVED it.

And then we zipped over to the pool to have a little cool off time. It has been 32-33 degrees here all week.

We had arranged to meet friends there so that was even more fun!

They were nice enough to lend me a baby to play with in the pool.
We were busy today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! what a full day is right but it is all great stuff.

I loved the one where the boys are reading to the dog...how sweet.

Have another great day!
Love mom/nana

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas