Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Questions Answered



Sometimes I ask myself questions about the boys. Serious questions like, "Why do they stick their feet in my face for no reason in the middle of an otherwise 'no-foot needed' moment?" Or, "What makes them laugh after they burp?"

Then today I saw a possible reason why.......their father. As some of you know M is home from work this week on leave. So he is down here playing with the kids while I am doing the budget and computer banking. I glance over and see M, for no apparent reason, throw a pair of E's stinky socks onto his arm while he's playing trains. I had at that moment an ah-hah! moment. It's hereditary!!!!!

Sadly I find that as time goes by I find conversations between like the following between E and M amusing.

E: Daddy you're a stinky butt.
M: You have a stinky butt?
E: NO!!!! You are a stinky butt.
M: Well why didn't you say your butt was stinky?
E: My butt isn't stinky. You are a stinky butt!!!
M: It's o.k. to have a stinky butt E. I will go get you a diaper and some wipes.
E: NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH
M: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


My sympathy to M's mother.

Hahahahahaha

6 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Grandad and I just read your blog... Grandad says, "she just doesn't get it, does she"...
He says that is just how boys are.
I challenged him... saying, "why does anyone have to have a stinky-butt?"....
He says, "They just do"
So I am left pondering now... heredity or gender?

christine0414 said...

Oh, how I laughed at the stinky butt commentary! LOL Seriously, still giggling about it 10 minutes later. I keep reading it over and over to make myself laugh again! Oh, you Barefoots are quite a bunch!

Lip Gloss and Band-Aids said...

Well Well Well....welcome to the world of BOYS
Having raised 2 of them I can tell you....stinky butt has nothing on what is to come!!
Enjoy every moment because it goes by so very quickly.
My baby D turns 16 on Sunday.
Luv yah
d

Jenn said...

What a hoot. I guess this is what I have to look forward to in a couple of years. hehehe

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree on all counts.

I don't think that it is either.

I throw my dirty socks in Jason's face when he isn't looking just for *%@*$ and giggles.

Maybe it's a maturing thing?

Liz

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree on all counts.

I don't think that it is either.

I throw my dirty socks in Jason's face when he isn't looking just for *%@*$ and giggles.

Maybe it's a maturity thing?

Liz

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas