Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Someone in our family is going to have a baby this year. It's truly exciting news for all of us. Even the boys have been really engaged with talking about the new cousin. Of course, it has made me nostalgic for my own sweet smelling babies. Their soft skin and whisper thin hair. The way they clenched their little hands together and kicked their little feet. It reminds me of how I could put them down in one place and they'd still be there when I bent to pick them back up. Ooooh. And how they'd look at me and their little faces would just light up and smile. So many happy moments. (sigh)You know how 'they' say, "It seems like just yesterday they were small?" I don't get that. It doesn't seem like just yesterday to me. It seems like years ago. Time is not flying by. Or is it and I just haven't noticed yet?
Add caption
Here's a couple of pics of me. One taken almost nine summers ago after my 1st baby was born. The other was taken this Christmas. I can see the nine years on me in comparing these pictures. But it doesn't freak me out. That's what is supposed to happen right?

2 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Look at those little "nuggets of adorableness"!!!
You look amazing J... then and now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Johanna,

I took a good hard look the then and now photos of you and HONESTLY cant see an age difference. Eric and Adam look a bit different though, ha.

Sarah

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas