Wednesday, January 28, 2015

He Read

I have always wanted my kids to be readers. There are books in pretty near every room of our house. I have been reading to them since they were just tiny .... we visit libraries ... they see me reading ....
And while my youngest taught himself to read at a young age and grabs a book whenever he can, the oldest has been more reluctant. He's happy to be read to but has never shown a real interest in reading anything himself.
However, for Christmas he had a book on his wish list. I have to admit I had my doubts but I still bought it. And you know what? He read it. The whole thing from front to back. It's the first 'real' chapter book he's ever read from front to back. And now he's asked for the second in the series.
I'm so happy.

Week19 Jan26-Feb30
Math- E-Percent A-Division
Unit Study- Watercolours
History- Boxer Rebellion
French- aimer+l'infinitif
Book Study- Carry On, Mr.Bowditch
Extra Curricular
Piano
A-Dance

No comments:

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas