Friday, October 03, 2008

Hmmm

I just recently read a book that discussed eating better and more natural foods. One of the things that struck me was how easy it seemed to make SOME of the things it mentioned, including jam. So I figured I would give it a shot.
It looks good, tastes good and really wasn't hard or time consuming....I made it while I was making something else in the kitchen. Although when I do it again I will buy a couple of canning tools that will make it easier to manouver the cans and lids without burning myself.
The store bought ingredient label says: raspberries, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, fruit pectin, citric acid.
My jars have: raspberries and sugar

4 comments:

The Allen Family said...

You never cease to amaze me J !!!
The homemade jam will be a hit with your family.... they are so blessed.

Proverbs 31:31
Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Anonymous said...

God bless you Johanna, you little homemaker. Wouldn't nan have something to say here with all her wisdom in the kitchen. I used to love coming home after school as a little girl to the aroma of mom's canning. I could smell it a block away. The kitchen was mom's favorite place to be and the fall of the year set the stage for one of her greatest joys-getting her perserves done for the long hard winter ahead. Fond memories for any kid.

BLessings,
mom/nana

Anonymous said...

good job, although i like my daily dose of fructose, pectin and acid
HAHA jk

SA

Jenn said...

You are amazing.

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas