Friday, April 10, 2009

Who Am I Doin' It For?

This week's menu at the house was as follows:
Sun.-Slow Cooked Lamb and Rice
Mon.-Homemade Lentil/Ham Soup and Pesto Bread
Tues.-Tandoori Chicken with Rice and Veg.
Wed.-Pasta with Cooked Sausage and Parmesan
Thurs.-Grilled Salmon(with Fennel/Orange and Olives) with Couscous and Veggies

So tonight I'm tired and we ordered Thai food. As a result I made the kids a cold plate for dinner. When I put the p.b&j. sandwich/applesauce/carrots down in front of E he said, "Wow mom. This is great. It's better than gourmet." ---One day his tastebuds will appreciate me, right?

4 comments:

Me said...

Someday they will tell everybody that their Mom is the best cook e-v-e-r...
I remember last summer asking the owner of our campground where the best place in town (Renfrew) was to eat... her son standing near quickly said, "My Mom's".
A beautiful tribute to Angela.

Jenn said...

I am sure that they will.

Ian said...

Ha! You gotta know your audience!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...your menu sounds delicious to me. I'm on the same track as you. I'm making good meals hoping to develop the boys' taste buds and one day will brag about their mom's cooking. We're a long way from that but a mom can dream, right?

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas