Wednesday, September 16, 2009

24 is Enough

Well I blew it today. I don't know what I was thinking but today was a disaster.
We met a friend for breakfast at Strbcks....so far so good. Great oatmeal.
We were a little late for our first day at a new Bible Study but no biggie.
After we were done with this new experience we should have gone home but instead......I took them out for lunch (they didn't eat.)
Then we stopped at Trget so I could grab a couple things I needed for dinner. (But instead of three cans of chicken broth I inexplicably picked up two cans of cheese sauce and one can of cream of chicken.)
Then I stopped at another grocery store to look for a spice I wanted and didn't find it (waste of time).
Finally we arrived home and I squeezed in an hour of school work. The boys were anxiously awaiting the arrival of their friends after school but they didn't arrive. (I started packing up to take them to the park and on the way out the door....their friends arrived.) Problem behaviours were all over the place during the playdate.
Then we walked to the local grocery store. (So I could buy the three cans of chicken broth I still needed for dinner).
E made a tearful phone call apology to my friend with regards to his behaviour.
At this point I threw in the towel and when we got back from the grocery store I sat down with the kids and we played a game. (At this point, M walked in and innocently said, "The tutor is going to be here any minute and the kids haven't eaten? What's going on?")
After a quiet dinner downstairs with my husband while the kids were doing tutored.......I've somewhat recovered. (I cooked a delicious new recipe tonight....shrimp/sausage/okra gumbo.)
Tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

Me said...

A kumfumbled day! We all get them.
Nice recovery... dinner with hubby.
:-)

Y said...

Everyone has not so good teaching days, even school teachers. Don't let it get to you. Tomorrow will be better.

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas