Monday, October 26, 2009

State of the S.Union Address

I am a lover of lists. A lover of order and cleanliness. I am definitely just this side of normal when it comes to compulsive tidiness. Homeschooling has rocked my clean little world both because the kids are home more to make mess and because I have less time to clean. Nobody minds but me and I'm trying to adjust. Right now, post vacation, things are spectacularly in disarray.
There are things waiting to go upstairs. To-do lists to tackle.

Laundry waiting to be put away. Boat cushions waiting to be stored for the winter.
Suitcases to put away. A guinea pig cage to clean. Newspapers to recycle.
But I will not run around like a crazy woman cleaning. I will not ignore my kids requests to play to put things away. Deep breaths.......deep breaths.......

3 comments:

Me said...

Your blog made me giggle this morning.. you being you.
I remember that with one of your first pay cheques as a teen you bought a closet organizer.... you have always had a strong sense of order... you DID NOT get this from your mother... :-)

Jenn said...

SLow and steady wins the race. Hope it all comes together for you.

Y said...

I can so relate to this! I struggled with it when I homeschooled and I'm still struggling with it now that the boys are older and in school. How can I have worked so hard with two kids at cleaning up only to have them turn out to be slobs? It's a constant battle to keep up!

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas