Thursday, September 11, 2008

Grow Up


We have always sat down for a family meal at the end of every day. My boys love sitting down to dinner and talking about their day and telling jokes and hanging out. Sounds great BUT they don't eat. They get so busy socializing that they don't eat. Then I spend the whole meal reminding them to take another bite....and another...and another.....etc!!! I would estimate that I remind them to eat twenty times during each dinner time.

Then the other night I was reading in Proverbs and came across this, "Lazy people take food in their hand but don't even lift it to their mouth" Proverbs 19:24

So we're now on a new meal plan here. They sit with us and we all eat and visit. If they forget to eat their food when they're at the table then they will shortly be hungry. As was the case last night after dinner and I suspect shortly after E arrived at school today. I am thinking that they are smart enough not to starve and will eventually add eating to the list of things they like to do at dinner time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!!! God gives us wonderful advice on how we should be living and in raising our children. It is a shame that more families don't read their Bibles. It is God's word that gives us the knowledge we need to apply His wisdom in all matters in our lives.

I thank God each and everyday for your faith Johanna and Michael. You are a wonderful role model for us all.

Blessings,
Love mom/nana

The Allen Family said...

Eat or Go Hungry!!! Sounds like good "Mom's Logic" to me.

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas