Monday, July 06, 2009

Kid Chores?

So this is a call out to all those mommies who read this blog. I need some perspective on the kid chore situation. I consider my own kids to be....just a smidge....indulged. I am home with them and so I tend to follow them around and be the invisible tidy up mom. Having said that they do have some responsibility. They are required to put their clothes in the hamper. They are required to bring their dishes to the kitchen and scrape them into the garbage after supper. But today......yikes. We got home from grocery shopping and the elevator would not come down to the garage. So, I asked them to help me carry the groceries upstairs. My heavens!! They did it since it was less of an 'ask' and more of a 'tell' but you'd think I asked them to carry me to the top of some mountain. They collapsed into the house and I snapped this pic.
So what's the deal? Do other kids have chores? How many? What kind?
On an unrelated note. Here's a cutie pic of them from the other day. And A painting a SithLightSbre. And E and M doing some writing at the kitchen table.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Yes, N has some chores. He is required to keep his playroom clean. He has to give fresh water to his hamster everyday and to clean his cage once a week. I do ask him to do things for me that are not a normal chore, such as helping to bring in the groceries and like your experience, I sometimes get the same response. You would think I asked for the moon. I think they are just being typical kids.

Anonymous said...

Chores, let me see....Wait until you ask thenm to shovel the driveway. and in so doing, causes one maxx exit to warmer haunts and hiding spaces within the home. And then of course the next time, the shovels are no where to be found.......Love Grampy Peter

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas