Thursday, June 07, 2012

VanGogh

The kids, Granny and I went to the National Gallery today to see their show on Van Gogh.
There were over 40 pieces. So many more than when I saw Art in the Age of Van Gogh at the Winnipeg Gallery in 1999.
The boy's favourite part was the interactive room. They had a great ipod program where they could create.

This is what E made. I'm not sure that this is his medium.

I think that A's overuse of/love of electronics made him more comfortable with the process.

This is what he created. I can see the Van Gogh inspiration.

At Granny's tonight he was back to creating. I like it. A lot.

I definitely think A is experiencing a creative brain growth. I did a little online perusing and there seems to be support for that idea. Among others I found this quote,

Children's brains seem to develop in clear spurts, continuing until young adulthood. Optimal performance at particular skills occurs at ages 3 1/2 - 4 1/2, 6-7, 10-12, 14-16, 19-21 and 24 -26.

So then I wondered if there was anything I could do to support him during this time. The same website said,

The thing most likely to cause children to thrive is loving and responsive care and parental attention.

Done. Done. And Done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That where my hubby works. We want to go later this month.
Belinda

nana said...

What a wonderful day was had by all. I especially like Adam's work...very well done. another thing to add to his list of talents.

You are all very special...
much love.
mom/nana

Mama Bear said...

The brain growth spurts make sense. And Jo is right in one. I can clearly see that now that you pointed it out. What fun!

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas