Friday, October 12, 2007

Unexpected

You know how when you become a parent and things are not what you expected but actually better than you ever thought possible. For example, the other night I was up in the middle of the night with E (he was having a coughing fit). And then he stopped coughing and was drifting back to sleep and he said, "Mommy, I think we should say a prayer to thank God that I'm feeling better." My heart just about exploded with joy.

And there are other times when you are confronted with situations that you never expected and simply don't know how to respond to. I mean you know there will be pushing and yelling and snatching and what not. But what do you say when you hear screaming from the other room and then E yells out, "Mommy!!! I don't like it when A puts an eggplant near my face." That's right....an actual eggplant from the fridge....waving in his face....what fun for A....what torture for E. And what am I supposed to say? A, put down the eggplant and back away.....E, learn to love your fruits?????????
(Note:Eggplants shown here are not actual eggplants discussed in story.)

3 comments:

The Allen Family said...

I have said it before, I'll say it again, you should write a book.
Those boys have given you volumes of awe-inspiring, entertaining and heart-warming experiences.

Jenn said...

What a hoot. There is always fun and entertaiment. Love the eggplants.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Side stitch funny entertainment J!

Thanks for that...

Liz

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas