Thursday, July 28, 2011

Why Moves Are Good

I feel I have been a bit whiny about the move lately. So I think it's time I mention some of the positives of moving.

1. People. I have met some great people because of moving. And all of those people have taught me something about the world or about myself. My bestest longest friend I met because I moved junior high schools. My husband I met because I transfered Universities. etc. etc.

2. The kids. Are learning where joy/contentment comes from. It doesn't come from a specific house. Or a specific city. It's not provided by your friends or family. It doesn't come from keeping everything familiar. And it doesn't come from leaving problems behind and starting again.

3. Our marriage. Has grown as our life has changed. There have been no ruts. When things change we are required to adjust and compromise and communicate. Also, we learn to depend on each other. To compensate for each other. And to take turns having our 'move melt-downs'.

Alright, that's enough of that.

No comments:

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas