Thursday, December 15, 2011

Learn It Like You Mean It

We were reading 2Kings4:1-7 as part of our bible study. And I got the sense that they weren't really understanding the magnitude of the words. So I thought we needed a little application lesson.

I gave them a small glass of water and several other glasses. Then I told them to fill up all the glasses with the water they had. They tried and tried. They filled the glasses slower, and individually and then one by one. They thought they could puzzle it out.
Even though they had heard the story they didn't realize what it was saying. They needed to try it to see that there was no human solution to the problem.

I am so glad we stopped reading and stopped answering questions so that we could learn.

No comments:

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas