Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Adapt-a-Family

Today we talked about how adaptations help animals survive/thrive in their habitats.
For example, A chose large eyes that help him see in the dark cave environment.

There's a super cool website called, BuildYourWildSelf.com. We visited it again today to try out some adaptations on ourselves in different environments.
E's frog legs help him travel quickly in the jungle. (But I think the horns are just for appearance.)

Cool eh? Anyone surprised that M picked a sea creature?

Goofball here heard me explaining what we were going to be doing and came in like this.
He said, "I'm aquatic!"

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I love it!! What a fantastic website. You sure make learning fun for your boys. Would love to have a teacher like you for my guy.

The Allen Family said...

The creatures are so cool.
I see that "M" added his since I last took a peek at the blog.... I confess I did one too. :-)

nana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nana said...

Of course school is fun when Johanna is the teacher.

Our sweethearts are so blest to have have a mom and a teacher in one who does an amazing job at both.

Much love, mom/nana

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas