Monday, May 28, 2012

Idioms

I've been wanting to share an activity from the other week. The boys were given a series of idioms that were incomplete and were asked to complete them. Some they had heard before and others they hadn't. 

Strike while--the pins are still up.
Never underestimate the power of--the Lord.
You can lead a horse to water but--you can't lead a horse to land.
If you lie down with dogs, you'll--fall asleep.
An idle mind is--numb--dumb.
A penny saved is--a penny--a penny lost.
Two's company, three's--better--more.
There are none so blind as--the 3 blind mice.
When the blind lead the blind--they stick together.
A bird in the hand--is soft.

Are there any new ones you haven't heard before?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hah! My favourite is the blind leading the blind one

The Allen Family said...

I liked Two's Company... Three's Better.

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas