Saturday, September 08, 2012

End of Week One

We are studying volume 2 of Story of the World this year. We read this week about the fall of Rome and the Celts, Angles and Saxons of early Britain. Today we read an abridged story of Beowulf. 
Rather than just map it out on regular size paper.....we mapped it out on Grendel-sized paper!
I love the way it looks on the wall. We found a LEGO Beowulf adaptation on youtube to watch also.

When M came home from work he found me on the front porch chatting with the neighbour in my painting/guinea pig cage cleaning clothes.

But I cleaned up and made myself presentable for his work's Meet & Greet this evening.
Look at my dapper boys.

And....I tried another new recipe. Red Thai Curry Pizza. The recipe said shrimp or chicken would work so I tried half of each. The flavours were interesting and I loved the gouda and ricotta cheese. I have to say the chicken was more to my liking. I really like shrimp but I''m not sure how I feel about seafood on pizza. It was yummy and I will probably make it again but it's not going on the short list.

No comments:

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas