Sunday, March 24, 2013

He Had Me at Composition

There's a LEGO sale at Chapters this month and we have been, as E said to the cashier, "taking advantage of that opportunity". But I had finally put my foot down and said, 'no more'.
Of course that was when E decided that M needed the new fire truck set.
But I stuck to my decision....no...more...LEGO.
And then he used my achilles heel--school.
He approached me yesterday with a proposition. If he wrote an 11 sentence persuasive composition detailing why M should have the LEGO set.....would I buy it?
Um....abso-smurf-ly.
In his own time...on the weekend...he did all the steps I had taught him without any reminders....and wrote it. And so I bought it.
Before bed A and I cracked open the junior scrabble game.
This kid loves games.....and I love playing with him. Especially when he plays my favourite game of all....Scrabble.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to read the 11 sentence paragraph he came up with.

Anonymous said...

Put me on the list also for reading E's composition.

And our precious A...what a sweetheart.

More lego....wow!!!!

Love ya, mom..I am off to bed.

Jenn said...

He told me he was working on this. Congratulations E. I love junior scrabble. I will have to have a game with A some day.

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas