Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Other Me


You see this picture right here?
This is the real me.
Exactly how I would choose to spend pretty near every minute of every day. Quietly reading some giant tome on some significant person/place or time. Bliss.

It's not that I don't like people. It's just that I don't like a lot of people for a lot of time. And I'm not particularly fond of meeting new people.

(You would think that having moved so often and been so fortunate to make such great friendships that I would learn to adapt .... nope.)


However, I'm a mom and I'm a homeschooler. And that means it is my responsibility to 'get these kids out there and get them socialized'!

With that in mind I have been putting out feelers and looking for people in our area. Luckily there are people who like people and I've had some responses. Tomorrow we have a park/library 'date' with two other homeschool families.

Wish me luck as I put away the 625 page auto-biography of Nelson Mandela I'm currently reading and venture out. Picnic lunch packed and a smile on my face ..... it's time to make some friends.

1 comment:

Chris Nolan.ca said...

It was a pleasure meeting you and your boys today. I couldn't tell you didn't like meeting new people. Cheers.

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas