Thursday, August 18, 2011

Whew


We will be doing five terms of eight weeks each. After each term is completed we are taking a full week off of school.





The two blocks on top are E's. The two blocks on the bottom are A's. And the middle grey section is joint activities.


We are definitely not unschoolers, not that there's anything wrong with that. And we haven't traditionally bought a full curriculum, not that there's anything wrong with that either.



The first year, I didn't have a full grasp of where E was in terms of his skills/knowledge.

The second year I did, but A was kind of between levels and it would have been hard to nail him down to a specific grade.


This year I definitely know what needs to be taught and I definitely know what level A is on BUT I have found that I like to be master of my school domain.

It takes A LOT of time. To try and co-ordinate the strands with each other and with the themes that we cover is time consuming. But by the time I am done I really know what we are going to be covering in the year. I'll know when we are falling behind....or if we can condense or drop anything to add something new we have become interested in.

I'm not done yet. I still have two terms of Science to insert. And two terms of themes to add. And a bunch of language/writing activities.

But anything you see on this chart has been prepared for lessons. Right down to what pages on what days.

(The exception is the dinosaur unit-I know we're doing it but I don't have resources for that yet.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the life of a Military Wife...soooooo organized. Better to be prepared so that the time off will be enjoyed more...good job teach. Love Grampy Peter

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas