Thursday, August 04, 2011

Sad Night


It was just over two years ago, May2009, that we grew our family by two critters.

Sadly, last night one of the girls passed away unexpectedly. We noticed in the early evening that she was behaving strangely. And after dinner she passed. She was buried late last night in the backyard with some flowers. Before saying a prayer E suggested we all eat a carrot in her memory....and we placed one with her in the grave.

We're going to miss Harley. She was a good pet. The boys are worried that the other guinea pig might come down with the same mystery illness so we are keeping a very close eye on her. Yikes!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

So sorry to hear your news. It is always sad when one of the littlest members of the family pass away suddenly and unexpectedly.

Anonymous said...

What a lesson in life was shared among the Barefoot family last night!!! I thank God that I phoned when I did and was able to be there with you.

My heart was breaking along with Adam's last night. He asked that I would pray for Kickstart. That she would not fall ill with what took Harley.

Bless his little heart....Adam was certainly feeling the pain of losing a loved one. Nana felt his heart cries coming through the wires.

I pray he is feeling a little better today.

Love nana/mom

annette said...

So sorry to hear the news. I am sure kick start will get plenty of attention so she will not feel lonely. All the best. The Martins

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas