Wednesday, January 09, 2013

That's One Week

As homeschoolers we're asked things like, "What about socializing?" or "What about report cards?"
Now with vegetarianism I was thinking we needed to head off the question of, "What about protein?"
I posted earlier about the protein points I have put on the fridge.
I don't think there was any doubt about them getting enough protein but they are enjoying tracking their snacks. Also, I think it gives them confidence that they are eating healthfully.
It has been one full week now of our vegetarian lifestyle.
Our experiment started with some grocery stopping. I got to buy some things that are new to me.
For example, chick'n (see how it's missing an 'e'?).
 
Most of the meals this week are familiar but slightly different.

 
Daddy is hanging in there.
It's not his favourite of our family experiments.
 
Take-out Indian food, chick'n stir-fry, pesto pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, squash soup with pumpernickel bread and spinach dip/salad, faux beef taco casserole, veggie burgers, macn'cheese, faux beef fajitas.
 
Onward to week 2!!

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

I am so impressed! I would like to try to get at least one meatless meal in our week, but Jimmy is not a bean or veggie guy, so it's so hard! We don't really eat red meat, just chicken, but I know that it's not really that much better.

Anonymous said...

I have a question...what does the company eat when they visit? This endeavour could cut down on the number of visitors you folks so frequently have...lol....Love GP

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas