Sunday, May 26, 2013

Slump

Shortly after we were married M introduced me to the word, 'posting slump'. I'm not sure if it's a real word or just something he made up but I'll give the definition as it was defined to me.
A posting slump occurs when you have received your posting message and find yourself disengaged in what's happening at work because you're ready to move on but it's not yet time.
 
For me it has a different meaning. I take the meaning of the word slump a little more literally.
 
intr.v. slumped, slump·ing, slumps
1. To fall or sink heavily; collapse
2. To droop, as in sitting or standing; slouch.
3. a. To decline suddenly; fall off. b. To perform poorly or inadequately.
4. a. To sink or settle, as into mud or slush. b. To slide down or spread out thickly, as mud or fresh concrete.
n.
1. The act or an instance of slumping.
2. A drooping or slouching posture.
3. A sudden falling off or decline.
4. An extended period of poor performance, especially in a sport or competitive activity. 
 
I am in a posting slump.
 
On a lighter note the weather was nice enough to get some yard work done.
 I popped into the house at one point to check on the kids and giggled when I saw some of the family pets were out to play.

No comments:

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas