Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Oh the Joys

I have included these adorable photos of A and E sleeping tonight for those of you who are yet-to-be moms. I hope by doing this that you won't swear off children forever when you read this story .

So tonight since I couldn't go to sorority I gave my kids a warm bath and put them in their p.j.'s. and took them to Chpters for a Strbcks and a play in the kids area. We had a really super relaxing time and I love when the kids are running around with smiles on their faces and I'm holding an iced venti drink. Since A has been dry for a couple of days now I made the gigantic decision to let him go out without his diaper. Ya...that's right. When I heard him say, "Mommy, poop", I didn't even panic. I mean this kid is dry now right?! Then I pick him up and I feel a bit of moisture and still I don't panic, I'm thinking oops a little pee escaped before he noticed. All the way to the washroom I'm talking and sauntering along. And then I arrive at the washroom. Well, it wasn't a bit of pee, it was liquid poop. There's no way the little guy could have kept that in and he didn't. It was all over his p.j.'s, his legs, my shirt and my arm. I basically had to give us both a bath in the washroom and then rinse out our clothing in the sink and try to dry off with the hand dryer before venturing back out into the store. What was I thinking?? This is not my first day as a parent and yet I skip off to Chpters with a two year old who has been using the potty for less than a week and don't make him wear a diaper?!?!?!?! I deserved what I got.


P.S. I don't make it into the pictures very often so here's a pic of me this a.m.

4 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Sorry Kiddo but I laughed outloud when I read this....
I remember when I took a little girl to get her picture taken. What a litle doll! all dressed in her fancy dress and lace socks with pretty white shoes. As I lifted her out of the stroller for the photographer.... the little darling had produced a pool of aqueous waste. Socks, shoes, dress and the all... what a mess!!!!
I remember thinking, "I hope someday you get kids just like you". At Last ....hehehehehee

Anonymous said...

You are a riot Johanna! Loved the story and I am thinking, I bet every mother reading this can relate to your experience one way or another. Sweetheart, this is only one of many more to come and I can't wait to read them.They look like angels in their beds and certainly look as if they have had a full day.
Bless you mama Johanna as you head into another day of not knowing what lies ahead but no matter what, they are the love of our lives and nothing not even poop can take that away. They melt our hearts no matter what.
Love and kisses to all.
mom/nana
P.S. You look great in your picture, I don't think I ever looked that good first thing in the morning with two kids waiting (not so patiently) to take on the day. What is your secret????

Jenn said...

I am still at a loss as to what to say. I am not sure if I would have been able to handle it with the same amount of grace. You are truly amazing.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun to me! Ya right. Lets just skip to the part where they look like angels...

I guess it happens and is part of the whole process. Just when you think you got it all down pat, wham the kids teach you a lesson. I don't think that ever ends. My poor mother doesn't have to deal with poop these days but it might as well be...;)

Did you blow dry your hair? It looks GRRRREAT. And I'm so jealous of your tan!

Liz

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas