Saturday, May 07, 2011

National Train Day

Off to Union Station. Thankfully we got there early to get in line.

E really thinks he wants to work for the railroad when he grows up. (Of course, that's when he's not working on his farm.)

Amtrak is celebrating it's 40th Anniversary this year.

The staff were amazing at answering questions.




In addition to the tours there were displays.




And if that weren't enough fun.....the boys went directly to a birthday party afterwards.


we are all tired.....z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi Johanna! Do your boys have an electric train? My husband picked up this hobby about a year ago and we have a pretty nice layout and a selection of electric trains in our guest room now. Last Christmas Eric (my husband Eric) set up a pretty large train layout in the living room too. We'll see if that comes back next year, but I'm sure my husband or Daniel would love to talk trains with them sometime!

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas