Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Culture and Candy

     Granny and I took the kids to the Art Gallery today. There is a collection of Margaret Watkins photography that we (Granny and I) have wanted to see. And we saw it. Fantastic. Though the boys were a little bored....at least judging by the way they were laying on the benches staring at the ceiling and sighing while we perused.
     However, a trip to the gallery is not complete without a trip through the Contemporary Art section. (And at least two warnings from security guards/alarm systems)
The boys always enjoy this part. Highlights are listed below.

Brillo Boxes by Andy Warhol

Comments from the boys
     But they're just boxes.
     I really want to knock them over.












The Court by Brian Jungens


Comments from the boys.
     They'll let us touch this one?
     You could play a good LEGO battle on this.






An untitled felt piece


Comments from the boys.
     Is this art?
     Did they glue it together?







Treehouse Kit by Guy Ben-Ner



Comments from the boys.
     I don't get it.
     Let's watch the video one more time.
     I wish they'd let us take it apart and build stuff.







And to counteract any culture they may have accidentally absorbed we went trick-or-treating.
  

5 comments:

VMB said...

The court looks cool. CANDY!!!! AWWW MAN I WOULD DIE FOR THAT RIGHT NOW!!! Darn strict training diet. DARN YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lot of candy!Looks like there is enough to get you through until next Halloween.

With those smiles, I would say that it was a great night.

Love ya, nana

The Allen Family said...

I see you boys made a separate pile for all Granny's "coffee crisp". I will be around later to pick them up.

Trace said...

You know.... this post made me realize that I have YET to bring Luke to the art gallery... one of my all time favorite places.... gosh - how odd is that?

Great post... :)

Jenn said...

Wow, looks like you did very well on Halloween. Love the boys comments about the art.

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas