Tuesday, October 09, 2012

A Better Idea

Last year I prepared our entire school in advance. Every day from September through June. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But it turns out it wasn't such a great idea....at least for me. I found that I wasn't as engaged in our activities as time went on....there wasn't really anything to look forward to in a sense. So this year I outlined more broadly. How many terms we'd do, broad topics, when we'd take scheduled breaks...and I'm filling it in as we go.
For me, definitely a better idea. From September until the Christmas break we are doing an Explorer Unit....right now that means Vikings.
I made a scavenger hunt kind of acitivity use a cool website from BBC about Vikings. They have to play games and navigate through different sections to find all the answers.





When I came down for breakfast this waiting for me on the kitchen table. Aa-a-a-aw what a sweetie.

E posted this on the weekend. The countdown to our cruise. Not long now.
Am I packed? No. But I do have a bathing suit now....and of course no self-esteem after having to try a bunch on in those really over-lit change rooms...blech!

No comments:

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas