Saturday, October 06, 2012

Day5 - Mortimer

Mortimer by Robert Munsch
     Another rousing, yelling, giggling, banging good book. Maybe it's because I had boys but we have always liked active books. Sitting still is not something that happens often here....even while reading. I can remember my younger sister and my oldest boy asking me to read this book and my mom saying, "No no. Don't read them that book it's too loud!" Of course, that just made them want me to read it even more!! And I did. And everyone should.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you are a kid at heart and have moments where this can be displayed, kids love you for it!

That is you Johanna....getting down to play, reading a book, or just chilling out with your kids and their friends.That connection is there because kids sense the kid inside of us. Not every adult can make that connection. You do and you do it well!

It is a gift...you are blest!

Love ya, mom/nana

Unknown said...

What a terrific idea! I'm going to enjoy following along and reading your book reviews this month.
The Monster book sure does bring back memories. A favorite at our house - started reading it way back when our oldest was a toddler - and he's now 26yo, preparing to read books like this to little ones of his own! Thanks for sharing!

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas