Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day31- Narnia Series

The Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis
     I am reading this series to the boys one chapter a night. Thus far we have finished the first (Magician's Nephew) and second book (Lion, Witch and Wardrobe) and are halfway through the third (Horse and His Boy). Though saying that I have to acknowledge that there is some dispute regarding in what order the books should be read. We are following the chronological order most prefered by C.S. Lewis.
     I love how Lewis describes the environment around the characters and the animals as characters really draw the kids in.
     A drawback right now is that the language in this last book is overly complicated and I am finding that I have to stop at the end of each page and summarize in more common language what has happened.  If I were recommending this series to others, which I guess I am, I would suggest that you skip this third book altogether. It is not necessary to the understanding of the subsequent books.
    

1 comment:

Trace said...

ahh.... I will simply have to disagree with you on this topic of which order to read the Narnia series in... (Grin)...

LOVE this series...

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas