Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 29- Mommy, Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween

Mommy, Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween? by Linda Hacon Winwood.

     I bought this book several years ago when I was wanting to explain to the children why we were opting out of Halloween. It was sufficient to meet the need but not particularly inspiring. I included it today because...........







.....here are the boys dressed up for their Halloween Cub/Beaver party.
      
Obviously my whole no-Halloween thing didn't quite work out the way I had hoped. We took a vote, me-M-and his mom, and I lost. So we do Halloween. And I don't regret my back-pedaling.....I mean...my change of heart. For whatever reason, E loves this holiday. He gets so much happiness preparing his costume and make-up. Typically he has a different costume for each Halloween party.
So....for E....Happy Halloween.

3 comments:

The Allen Family said...

I read this about Halloween:

Halloween is the ultimate children’s holiday – a day of fantasy and let’s-pretend, games and parties, chocolate and caramel apples and copious amounts of candy. It is the one day a year where the backyard legends and make-believe worlds of childhood come to life and roam the streets in search of treats, an enchanted day where children morph from ordinary kids with early bedtimes, chores, and homework into Jedi Knights, princesses, superheroes, pop stars, and whatever else they dream of.

Anonymous said...

I remember a young lady that did not want to do "Santa" That gal has since changed her approach, now we have halloween as well...OUTSTANDING...love Grampy Peter

Anonymous said...

Halloween is where children can live out their fantasies. Doesn't every little boy want be the hero in the story and every little girl the princess.

Happy Halloween to all.
Love mom/nana

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas