Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 19- I'm Not Feeling Well Today

I'm Not Feeling Well Today by Shirley Neitzel

Thinking back at the hours I have spent reading with the boys over the years had me wondering about the benefits. So I did a quick peek on the internet.

Did you know reading...?

1)gives you child a sense of intimacy and bonding
2)promotes communication between yourself and your child
3)increases vocabulary and interest in reading
4)helps to build a longer attention span
5)teaches cause and effect, logic and consequences
6)teaches about relationships, situations, personalities and the world
7)can relieve anxiety over new situations and help children cope


"I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage." Charles De Secondat

No comments:

Update Dec2020

My Guy A My Guy E School Rooms at Home Deck the Halls It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas